Good morning! I hope you are all having a fantastic week. Last night I saw The Lion King musical and I was just blown away. From the costumes to the singing, the whole production was phenomenal. I highly recommend seeing it if you have the chance.
So, a couple weeks ago one of my favorite bloggers, Mama Pea, posted a recipe for Tofu Ricotta Gnocchi and I am so excited to share the testing results with you. The verdict? Un-be-lievable! And so easy!
I was going to pair the gnocchi with a simple tomato sauce but then I decided I wanted to make my favorite tomato cream sauce. I am so glad I did too because it was the perfect accompaniment to the pillows of tofu heaven.
While the gnocchi were cooking, I sauteed some Cremini mushrooms in a touch of olive oil, salt, and pepper. After a couple minutes, I deglazed the pan with some beautiful Marsala wine just to deepen the flavor.
Then I added a couple servings of this delicious marinara sauce from TJ’s…
And whisked in a couple ounces of the tofutti to make the perfect pink sauce.
So delicious, so fresh.
Jenna’s Easy Creamy Marinara Sauce
1 cup sliced Cremini mushrooms
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup Marsala wine
2 cups marinara sauce
2 ounces tofutti (or light cream cheese)
1. Pour olive oil into a medium sized pan and turn heat to medium-high.
2. Place the mushrooms into the pan so that they are even. Do not touch them for 2-3 minutes. Allow them to brown slightly. Then continue to stir for another 1-2 minutes, adding salt and pepper to taste.
3. Once the mushrooms are tender and sticking slightly to the pan, add the wine and stir until the mushrooms are coated evenly. Allow the mushrooms to absorb the wine. Turn the heat down to medium.
4. Then, add the marinara sauce. Once the sauce is heated through, add the tofutti and whisk until blended evenly and the sauce is slightly pink.
5. Serve over desired pasta or vegetable.
4 thoughts on “Must Try”
I am flying to Seattle as I type and I am going to make this recipe with Liz, Ashby and Margie. They are going to LOVE this. See you next week for lunch.
Maybe we could hunt down the Buttermilk Truck!
Yes! I love it! Please give them my love. And I am always down for a little Buttermilk action! 🙂
I’m so glad the gnocchi turned out so well for you! That’s the same sauce I use when I’m in a hurry!